In this talk we’ll walk through a modern production stack from cloud deployment to load balancing based on our experience of developing Mantl.io. Mantl is an open-source (Apache 2.0) project sponsored by Cisco that makes it easy for anyone to deploy infrastructure for running containers and streaming data
applications. In less than a year we’ve gained over 1,800 Github stars and have multiple production deployments.
This will be a technical talk where we will walk through all of the components of a modern stack and explain usage, pain points, and how the pieces fit
together. Attendees will get an understanding on how to compose a production system from disparate open-source technologies.
- Cloud deployments using Terraform and Ansible
- Security & getting secrets into Docker containers
- Distributed Scheduling: Mesos and Kubernetes
- Service discovery (Consul)
- Load balancing with Traefik