I hate to say it, but there’s a lot of bad advice out there on how to monitor your containers in production. In this talk I hope to add some much-needed clarity on how to best monitor containers to manage the health of your applications.
My advice is built off our experience creating container monitoring solutions, and the information we’ve gotten from working with hundreds of customers deploying Docker. I’ll cover key questions like:
- Why is it so hard to get visibility into Docker containers?
- How far can you get with the Docker stats API?
- What metrics really matter for your containerized applications?
- How does Kubernetes improve monitoring?
- How does it get in the way?
- What open source tools can help with these challenges?
In addition to this theory, I’ll get into some real examples that will ground our discussion. You’ll walk away with a new appreciation of what it takes to monitor your environment right, as well as a few ideas that you can put into practice right away.
Let me know if you have any questions or feedback, I’m happy to tweak things if you want to have something like this in your schedule.
Let me know what do you think, happy to tweak things if you want something similar…