Designing, building and operating a high performance, high availability system
I’d like to share our experience in building, operating and updating in continuous delivery a customer facing, highly available system serving 200K+ users and tested for 500K+ requests per second, all on our own physical infrastructure.
- PaaS, virtualization, physical infrastructure
. what matters and what does not when choosing a setup
- the importance of building high availability in from the start
- automation as a way to ensure consistency and repeatability
- challenges in monitoring multiple components for availability
. overview of tools and platforms
. the importance of a coherent and comprehensive overview
- dealing with the unexpected:
. the importance of a plan
. responding to change
What makes it valuable
A first hand experience from a crossfunctional team working on an uncommon and challenging endeavour. It touches many complex aspects from both software development and operations and couldn’t have been successful without a devops approach.