A control repo is the content of a Puppet environment, it provides the Puppet code and data needed in a Puppet infrastructure.
In this presentation we will see:
– The principles of a sane structure for a control repo
– How to organize the local and public modules in the control repo.
– How to classify nodes using grouping strategies as roles and profiles
– How to structure our Hiera hierarchies and data
– How to test the control-repo code in a local Vagrant environment
– How to manage a full Puppet code workflow, from development to testing and deployment